Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Stephens Lever-filler #106

This is a Stephens Lever-fill no. 106. Dating to approx. 1938, in BCHR with gold trims, it has a 14k warranted gold nib with bit of flex.

This pen came heavily oxidized, the ink sac dried up and crumbled inside the barrel and part of the pressure bar broken at the end! This was lying with me for a long time since I did not have the materials to restore it. 
 
Last week I got hold of 1-2-3 Novus polish and tried my hand at removing the oxidization. I didn't go to extremes since I didn't want the faint chasing to go even fainter. Cleaned up, polished and re-sacced, and writes beautifully!
 
Images below show the finished pen with some more of the process. 
Click on the images to see larger version.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment